There are many ways and place to find Jewish education in Seattle. From the many local synagogues and the Jewish Federation, to community leaders and the Jewish Community Center, our city is rich with opportunities.
Seattle is home to seven geographically dispersed Jewish day schools (click on the map at right to see the locations). There are also three overnight camps in — each of which are providing opportunities for intensive, immersive Jewish education in Seattle. These include:
Elementary School (including Early Childhood):
- Jewish Day School – early childhood-8th grade, Pluralistic, Bellevue
- Menachem Mendel Seattle Cheder – early childhood-8th grade, Orthodox, North Seattle
- Seattle Hebrew Academy – early childhood-8th grade, Modern Orthodox, Capitol Hill, Seattle
- Seattle Jewish Community School – K-5th grade, Pluralistic, Greenlake, Seattle
- Torah Day School of Seattle – early childhood – 8th grade, Orthodox, Columbia City, Seattle
- Derech Emunah – Orthodox, women only, Seward Park, Seattle
- Northwest Yeshiva High School – Modern Orthodox, Co-ed, Mercer Island
- Camp Solomon Schechter – Traditional, Conservative
- Sephardic Adventure Camp – Modern Orthodox
- URJ Camp Kalsman – Reform
Our community is larger than Seattle and our devotion to Judaism reaches beyond this geographic region. The Samis Foundation is proud to support organizations like the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle’s Needs-based Scholarships to support young adults in their quest to experience Israel.
Grants made by the Samis Foundation are strictly by invitation only. If you are interested in learning more about one of our day school or camp grantees, please contact the individual school or camp via their website linked above.